The Automated Rapid Transit - ART project is part of the Smart Mobility Strategy in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, which aims to establish an effective and sustainable transport sector that employs state-of-the-art technologies in service of the community by enhancing the efficiency of the transport system and supporting the transition to environment friendly and sustainable means of transport.
- The project is an innovative addition that supports the public transport network
- The project features electric public buses in support of sustainable transport
- The bus capacity is of 200 passengers on a rail-less transport system
- The pilot phase consists of operating 25 bus stations along routes extending for 27 km approximately
Working Days and Coverage
- The service operates from Friday to Sunday
- From Al Reem Mall to Marina Mall, passing along Zayed the First Street and the Corniche Street on Abu Dhabi island.